An example: An industrial company is a provider of 3D print components. In order to implement a high level of automation and correspondingly efficient processes, IT and OT systems (OT, Operational Technology) are networked. To make remote access possible, the OT network also had to be connected to the Internet.
This end-to-end network connection ensured a very high level of print quality. Suddenly it is noticed that defective parts were printed. A hacker has succeeded in entering the system via the Internet and changing some of the equipment parameters.
Be aware of the new risks and protect yourself with preventive measures:
Cyber insurance covers the costs arising from…
- a loss analysis (forensics) to determine the cause and extent of the insured loss
- restoring the system (incl. removing malware, resetting parameters)
- additional costs for restoring operations as quickly as possible
- loss of earnings resulting from the interruption of operations, which can happen in the event of cyber damage
- restoration of the defective parts (incl. transport, repair or disposal, etc.)
In addition, in the event of a claim, Helvetia offers access to a network of experts comprising IT and OT security specialists, among others.