Cookie Disclaimer

Helvetia uses cookies to offer you the best possible service and to be able to provide information and quotations. By using our website you are stating your agreement with this. Further information on data protection and cookies.

  • I am interested in
    Please check your internet connection
    No results found
    Please get in contact with us. To contact form
  • Menu
  • Private customers

Security deposit

Helvetia offers you an alternative to the traditional rental deposit offered by banks. A security deposit insurance gives you more financial flexibility. You pay affordable annual premiums, instead of a large amount into a tenant’s deposit. Helvetia will guarantee the requested amount with a surety.

  • Financial flexibility as you have access to your money throughout the rental period
  • Lowest annual premiums compared to other providers – compare premiums now
  • Constant annual premiums, including in the following years
  • No additional fees, administrative costs or reimbursement of expenses
  • Flexible formation of your future plans thanks to the right of termination at any time

Constant annual premiums

First year
Following years

Further information

  • The security deposit is not an insurance in the traditional sense. In contrast to a typical cover, we do not bear the costs ourselves, but rather claim them back from you. This applies both, in cases of unpaid monthly rent as well as in the case of a claim in which the landlord can demand the amount set out in the surety certificate from Helvetia.
  • Damage caused by tenants – i.e. damage that you as the tenant cause to the rental property – can be covered by a private liability insurance policy. This covers the bulk of the costs. We would be happy to supply you with a quotation for this.
  • After the lease has expired without any damage occurring, the prepaid annual premium will only be refunded for the period after moving out from the second insurance year onwards.
  • In order to conclude a security deposit, you need to be aged 18 or over or be represented by a guardian, you must have Swiss or Liechtenstein nationality or a residence permit of category B, C, F, N, CD or G nor may there be any active debt enforcement proceedings pending against you.
  • The rental property must be located in Switzerland or the Principality of Liechtenstein.
Get in touch with us
Please fill in the form if you would like a consultation.
Request a consultation
Enter your first name.
Enter your last name.
Enter your street.
This field is required
Enter your ZIP.
Enter your residence.
I would like to be contacted by:
This field is required
Enter your e-mail address.
Enter your phone number.
This field is required
Confirm to not be a robot.
Recommend this page