Cookies and third-party cookies are activated on this page in order to offer you the best possible service and to provide information and offers. By using the Internet pages of Helvetia, you declare your agreement and consent to data processing by Helvetia. Further information - including how to deactivate cookies - can be found in the Privacy Policy.

I am interested in
?
The “Search” function is not available at the moment, please try again later.
Please get in contact with us. To contact form
Helvetia maintains an open and shareholder-friendly strategy in an effort to build up a widely diversified, international and long-term shareholder base.
Helvetia Shares
Ticker symbol
HELN
Nominal value
CHF 0.02
ISIN CH0466642201
Stock exchange
SIX Swiss Exchange
Share classification
100 % registered shares
Number of shares
49 725 685

Index membership

 

SMIM, SMI Expanded, SPI

FTSE4Good Index Series

Key share figures
  31.12.2018 31.12.2017
Consolidated equity (without preferred securities) in CHF million
5'097.1
5'229.4
Consolidated equity per share in CHF
515.4
528.5
Group profit for the period per share in CHF
41.9
49.2*
Price of Helvetia registered shares in CHF
574.5
548.5
Market capitalisation in CHF million
5'713.5
5'454.9
*Based on underlying earnings
Number of shareholders:
30.09.2019 16'656
31.12.2018 16'104
31.12.2017 16'297
31.12.2016
14'625
31.12.2015 13'203
31.12.2014 11'991
31.12.2013 10'021
31.12.2012 9'512
31.12.2011 8'685
31.12.2010 8'640
31.12. 2009 7'338

Core shareholder

On 30 September 2019, 65.9% of the Helvetia shares were in free float. The remaining shares (34.1%) are held by Patria Mutual.

Core Shareholder

Patria Mutual 34.1 %
Free Float 65.9 %
shareholder Percent Data
Patria Mutual 34.1 % 34.1 %
Free Float 65.9 % 65.9 %
Shareholder's structure**

Private individuals 29.9 %
Banks and insurers 19 %
Other institutional investors 51.1 %
Shareholders Percent Data
Private individuals 29.9 % 29.9 %
Banks and insurers 19 % 19.0 %
Other institutional investors 51.1 % 51.1 %
Investors based abroad 38.6 %
Swiss investors 61.4 %
Investors Percent Data
Investors based abroad 38.6 % 38.6 %
Swiss investors 61.4 % 61.4 %
**as of 30 September 2019 (measured by free float)

Dividend information

Helvetia strives to generate attractive capital returns for its shareholders. In recent years, it has been possible to continually increase the dividend payments. In light of the successes posted in the 2018 financial year, the Board of Directors proposed a dividend of CHF 24.00 per share. This corresponds to a dividend yield of 4.2% and a payout ratio of 58%. With a ratio in the target corridor of 40% to 50%, Helvetia is pursuing an income-oriented, continuous distribution policy.

 

Dividend payment and taxable value per share in CHF (gross)
Year Dividend Taxable value
2018 24.00 574.50
2017 23.00 548.50
2016 21.00 548.50
2015 19.00 566.00
2014 18.00 474.00
2013 17.50 447.50
2012 17.00 346.50
2011 16.00 295.00
Dividend history in CHF Dividend yield

Dividend yield Amount Remarks
2018 24 24.00 CHF per share; 4.2% dividend yield; 58% payout ratio
2017 23 23.00 CHF per share; 4.2% dividend yield; 47% payout ratio***
2016 21 21.00 CHF per share; 3.8% dividend yield; 44% payout ratio***
2015 19 19.00 CHF per share; 3.4% dividend yield; 45% payout ratio***
2014 18 18.00 CHF per share; 3.8% dividend yield; 44% payout ratio***
2013 17.5 17.50 CHF per share; 3.9% dividend yield; 43% payout ratio
2012 17 17.00 CHF per share; 4.9% dividend yield; 46% payout ratio
***Based on underlying earnings

FAQ - Share

FAQ -Dividend

Recommend this page