I am interested in
The “Search” function is not available at the moment, please try again later.
Please get in contact with us. To contact form
Helvetia Haushaltversicherung

Household insurance. Combined protection for you and your home.

Household insurance comprises two of the most important insurances in Switzerland: household contents and private liability. Household contents insurance protects all your personal effects, while private liability covers you for minor accidents that have major financial consequences.
All people living in the same household are insured
Round-the-clock assistance guaranteed 365 days a year
Up to 20% combination discount

Household contents insurance in short

Whether it be water damage, a fire in the home or a break-in – household contents insurance covers damage to your personal belongings. All the movables inside your four walls are insured at reinstatement value.

Helvetia pays if:

  • a fire destroys your home furnishings.
  • as a result of a storm, water penetrates your building and damages your property.
  • due to a burst pipe, liquids or gas leak out and damage your household contents.
  • your glass items of furniture such as tabletops, glass cabinets or mirrors are damaged.
  • your home is broken into and items are stolen.
  • you are threatened and robbed.
Get up to 20% combined discount.

If you take out two products (household contents, private liability, travel insurance, building or legal protection insurance), you will receive a 5% combined discount. For each additional product we will grant you a further 5% discount. You can thus benefit from a combination discount of up to 20% on your entire policy.

Your flexible choice of additional cover

Household contents all risks

Covers your household contents against all types of loss or damage. For example, if your mobile phone breaks or you arrive at your destination without your luggage.

Simple theft away from the home

Your mobile phone is stolen on the train? With this supplementary insurance, we pay for your stolen items.

Motorized bicycles and e-bikes

Covers e-bikes or mopeds capable of speeds of 25 km/h or faster against all types of theft, loss or damage.

Special valuables

For your personal valuables with an individual value of up to CHF 20,000.

Warranty extension

Our insurance allows you to extend the warranty by a further 3 years – for all electronic devices in the home, with a minimum value of CHF 300.


Insures you against losses you incur as a result of using the internet, such as credit card misuse, identity fraud, online shopping and much more besides.

Pet insurance

We take care of your costs should your dog or cat need veterinary treatment.


Your household contents are also insured in the event of an earthquake or volcanic eruption.

Building surroundings

You can, of course, also insure your plants, apiaries or summer houses and the swimming pool on your property.

Personal liability insurance in short

Personal liability insurance provides you with financial cover for any losses caused by yourself – whether through injury to people or damage to property. This means you can relax and do not have to think about the costs incurred in the event of losses or minor acts of carelessness. Helvetia also assists you when contesting unfounded liability claims.

Helvetia provides support, if:

  • you scratch the parquet floor of your rented apartment.
  • you collide with and injure another person while on your bicycle. spill wine on your friends’ sofa.
  • you spill wine on your friends’ sofa.
  • your children break the neighbor's window while playing football.

Your flexible choice of additional cover

Non-owner drivers

Worldwide cover for losses arising from the use of third-party vehicles, 365 days a year.


Covers you against losses caused by inadvertently spreading viruses, unintentionally infringing trademark and copyright law online and being negligent with others’ data.

Model aircraft and drones

The additional package covers you as the owner or user of aircraft requiring authorization for injury to third parties or damage to their property.


Covers you against the financial consequences of professional activities, such as when taking school pupils on excursions.

Riding horses owned by third parties

Covers you against veterinary and equipment costs if you have an accident while riding a borrowed horse.

No small print: when does a household insurance policy pay out, and when does it not?

Your insurance pays out if ...

… your property is damaged by a fire in your home. (Household contents)

… you accidentally lose, damage or destroy items owned by third parties. (Personal liability)

… your home is broken into and your jewellery is stolen or you are robbed with the use of force. (Household contents)

… you accidentally injure another person or persons. (Personal liability)

… your bicycle or mobile phone is stolen while you are away from home. (Supplementary “simple theft away from home”)

… third parties file unfounded compensation claims against you and you incur defence costs. (Personal liability)

… a storm floods your cellar and your property is damaged or if other damage such as fungus or pests is caused as the result of water damage. (Household contents)

Your insurance does not pay out if ...

… losses arise as a result of unpredictable events such as war, terrorism, internal unrest or nuclear disasters.

… household contents used commercially or professionally are damaged.

… you deliberately cause losses or intentionally commit an offence.

We are there for you.

Arrange an appointment
Book online now
Book your consultation now
Use current location
Get in touch with us.
We’ll be happy you to help with any questions you may have and find the right solution together with you.
Enter your first name.
Enter your last name.
Enter your ZIP.
Choose the way of contact.
Enter your phone number.
Enter your e-mail address.
This field is required
Choose file

Die Datei ist zu gross (max. 5 MB)


Invalid file type

Too many files selected

This field is required
Please agree to the privacy policy.