I am interested in
The “Search” function is not available at the moment, please try again later.
Please get in contact with us. To contact form
Ratgeber erste eigene Wohnung: Welche Versicherungen brauche ich?

My first own apartment. What insurance do I need?

Say goodbye to Hotel Mum and Dad and hello to your first own apartment. The day has finally arrived and you’re about to move into your own four walls. Apart from buying furniture, there are a number of organizational matters to take care of. Like taking out your own insurance cover.

What insurance is important when moving into your own apartment?

As soon as you leave home, you are no longer covered by your parents’ insurance policies. High time then to tackle the issue of insurance. It’s easier than you think. The most important types of policy you need are personal liability and household contents insurance. Depending on your circumstances, rental guarantee insurance is also recommended.
Good to know

Insurance for weekly residents

If you spend the working week elsewhere and return home only at the weekends, you are still registered as residing with your parents. Under personal liability insurance, this means you are still covered by your parents’ insurance policy. Under household contents insurance, it means you are still covered by your parents’ insurance policy for the first year. As of the second year you have two options:

  • Your parents’ policy can be extended to cover a second household at another location.
  • You can take out Helvetia YOUniverse insurance and specify that you are still living with your parents.

Find out more


Which insurance do I need?

Do the check now and find out with just a few clicks which insurance suits your stage in life.

We are there for you.

Arrange an appointment
Book online now
Book your consultation now
Use current location