I am interested in
The “Search” function is not available at the moment, please try again later.
Please get in contact with us. To contact form
Helvetia Hausratversicherung

Household contents insurance. Home is where you feel safe and secure.

Insure your valuables such as your antique dining table, your unique item of clothing or your cherished bicycle.
Round-the-clock assistance guaranteed 365 days a year
Up to 20% combination discount
Protection when shopping online
Claims payment guaran­teed within 48 hours of a claim being successfully checked
Double sum insured for theft occurring during overnight stays away from home

Quite honestly, do you need household contents insurance at all?

Yes, if ...

… you rent or own a property and live in it along with your possessions.

… you do not wish to refinance the furnishings in the event that everything is lost.

… you have other valuable items or furnishings at home.

… you often travel to work on public transport or by bicycle, for example, in which case supplementary insurance cover for theft is an option for you to consider.

No, if ...

… you own very little and your furnishings are of almost no value any more.

… your household is already insured through a household member.

What benefits does household contents insurance provide?

Insures all the movables inside your four walls at reinstatement value. Whether it be water damage, a fire in the home or a break-in – it quickly becomes expensive. In such cases, household contents insurance covers you for the loss incurred.

Helvetia pays if:
  • a fire destroys your home furnishings
  • as a result of a storm, water penetrates your building and damages your property
  • due to a burst pipe, liquids or gas leak out and damage your household contents
  • your glass items of furniture such as tabletops, glass cabinets or mirrors are damaged
  • your home is broken into and items are stolen
  • you are threatened and robbed

Your flexible choice of additional cover for other risks

An insurance policy as individual as you and your possessions. You can insure other items and loss events, and even your beloved pet, to suit your personal protection needs.

Household contents all risks

Covers your household contents against all types of loss or damage. For example, if your mobile phone breaks or you arrive at your destination without your luggage.

Simple theft away from the home

Your mobile phone is stolen on the train? With this supplementary insurance, we pay for your stolen items.

Motorized bicycles and e-bikes

Covers e-bikes or mopeds capable of speeds of 25 km/h or faster against all types of theft, loss or damage.

Special valuables

For your personal valuables with an individual value of up to CHF 20,000.

Warranty extension

Our insurance allows you to extend the warranty by a further 3 years – for all electronic devices in the home, with a minimum value of CHF 300.


Insures you against losses you incur as a result of using the internet, such as credit card misuse, identity fraud, online shopping and much more besides.

Pet insurance

We take care of your costs should your dog, cat or horse need veterinary treatment.


Your household contents are also insured in the event of an earthquake or volcanic eruption.

Building surroundings

You can, of course, also insure your plants, apiaries or summer houses and the swimming pool on your property.

Benefit from a discount of up to 20%.

You wish to take out household contents and personal liability insurance at the same time? No problem. Combine household contents with personal liability, travel, legal protection or buildings insurance and get a discount of up to 20%.
Helvetia Jugendversicherung Banner

Under 25 years of age?

Helvetia youth insurance allows you to benefit from attractive offerings for household contents, personal liability, travel insurance and more.
Over 90% of our online customers rate us positively.
grey stars
yellow stars
4877 Reviews
For the unforeseen: our end-to-end service package
Have you lost your keys and cannot get into your home? Or is a wasps’ nest causing you trouble? The end-to-end service package we include automatically covers common losses.

Premium waiver

If you are unable to work, you no longer have to pay insurance premiums, but do continue to enjoy full insurance cover.

Waiver of gross negligence

In the event of your gross negligence, we do not reduce the benefits you are entitled to.

Home Assistance

On your behalf, we assume the cost of workmen’s services, removing wasps’, hornets’ or bees’ nests, measures taken immediately in the event of a technical defect and security services.

Locksmith service

We have all experienced it: all of a sudden, the key is gone and you cannot get into your home. We organize a workman for you.

Card blocking service

If you lose your SIM, debit or credit card, we take care of having it blocked.

Legal advice

Our independent legal service – Coop Rechtsschutz - advises you on all legal queries and legal disputes.

Psychological follow-up support

Whatever happens, we arrange for the right experts to support you: qualified physicians, psychologists or psychiatrists.

Update guarantee

With the update guarantee you can ensure that the conditions of your contract are always up to date. In the event of a claim, you therefore benefit from future benefit improvements.

No small print: when does a household contents insurance policy pay out, and when does it not?

Your insurance pays out if ...

… you suffer damage to or the loss of your household contents as a result of insured events. For example, a fire in the home, a lightning strike or water damage.

… you are broken into and lose your possession or are robbed with the use of force.

… insured water damage causes further damage to occur, such as a build-up of mould or pests.

… you have the supplementary ‘household contents all risks’ cover, for example, and your bicycle or mobile phone is stolen while you are out and about.

Your insurance does not pay out if ...

… losses arise as a result of unpredictable events such as war, terrorism, internal unrest or nuclear disasters.

… household contents used commercially or professionally are damaged.

… you damage your household contents intentionally.

Your questions. Our answers.

Get in touch with us.
We’ll be happy you to help with any questions you may have and find the right solution together with you.
Enter your first name.
Enter your last name.
Enter your ZIP.
Choose the way of contact.
Enter your phone number.
Enter your e-mail address.
Optional: Upload your existing insurance policy to speed up the quotation process.
Choose file

Die Datei ist zu gross (max. 10 MB)


Invalid file type

Too many files selected

This field is required
Please agree to the privacy policy.
This field is required
Protected by Google reCAPTCHA Privacy - Terms